THE STANDING COMMITTEE provides the link between the Assembly of Parties, the Board of Advisers and the Director-General. It includes the President and Vice-Presidents of the Assembly, the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Board, and on a rotational basis, a Representative of a Party (ad hoc member), for a one year term. Its main functions are to monitor the proper implementation of the budget, oversee management and report on these items to the Assembly. The Standing Committee meets at least every two months and prepares the meetings of the Assembly.
THE AUDIT AND FINANCE COMMITTEE assists the Assembly of Parties and the Standing Committee in its oversight responsibilities with respect to audit and compliance, financial reporting and maintenance of effective and efficient financial procedures. It includes Representatives of five IDLO Parties that serve the Committee on a rotational basis.
THE BOARD OF ADVISERS includes members elected by the Assembly for a four-year term. Half the members are renewed every two years. All Board Members are selected on the basis of their expertise in the fields of development or law or their experience of the management of international organizations. They serve in their personal capacities and not as representatives of their governments or organizations. Meetings of the Board are convened at least once a year prior to the regular meeting of the Assembly. The Board contributes to the preparation of the Assembly’s decisions and to their implementation by the Director-General by providing advisory opinions to the Assembly on a number of matters.
The Board of Advisers is currently composed of:
- H.E. Ertuğrul Apakan, Ambassador, Former Permanent Representative of Turkey to the United Nations
- Dr. Soukeina Bouraoui, Executive Director, Center of Arab Women for Training and Research, Tunisia
- Prof. Cristiana Carletti, Associate Professor of Public International Law, University Roma Tre - Faculty/Department of Political Science, Rome, Italy
- Mr. Hassan Cisse, Former Director, Governance and Inclusive Institutions, Governance Global Practice, World Bank, USA
- Prof. Stefan Hammer, Professor of Public Law and Legal Philosophy, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
- Prof. Patricia G. Kameri-Mbote, Professor of Law, School of Law, University of Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
- Ms. Hongxia Liu, Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Associate Vice Chancellor, New York University, Shanghai, China [Vice Chair]
- Prof. Makau W. Mutua, SUNY Distinguished Professor, Buffalo Law School, The State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, USA [Chair]
- Mr. Daniel Rowland, Law and Development Advisor, The University of Sydney Law School, Australia
- Dr. Hanno Scheuch, Senior Counsel, OPEC Fund for International Development, Vienna, Austria