Every year in September, the 193 Member States of the United Nations convene in New York for the annual session of the General Assembly, where they debate and collaborate on a wide array of international issues covered by the Charter of the United Nations, including development, peace and security, and international law.
The 74th session of the UN General Assembly (UNGA 74) will open on September 17, 2019. The first day of the high-level General Debate will be September 24, 2019.
IDLO has had United Nations Observer status since 2001. During the week of the debate, several high-level events will take place and will see IDLO's contribution:
23 September 2019
- High-level Meeting on Universal Health Coverage - 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- Side Event: Friends of the United Nations Interagency Task Force on the Prevention and Control of Non-Communicable Diseases - 1.45 p.m.–2.45 p.m. (EDT)
24 September 2019
- Opening of the General Debate - 9 a.m. (EDT)
- High-level Political Forum on the Sustainable Development Goals under the auspices of the General Assembly - Accelerating the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development - 3 p.m. (EDT)
25 September 2019
- High-level Forum on Advancing Women’s Roles and Rights amid Global Challenges - 8.15 a.m. (EDT)
- High-level Meeting on Somalia - 10.30 a.m.–1 p.m. (EDT)
IDLO Statements at UNGA 74