The Governments of Italy, Ghana, World Food Programme and International Development Law Organization, in collaboration with UN Women, will organize a high-level event under the title on “Feeding the Planet – Empowering Women: The Food and Nutrition Security Challenge”, to support the mainstreaming of gender equality in food and nutrition security. The event will take place during the opening week of the 69th session of the UN General Assembly on Sept 24 in Conference Room 7 (General Assembly Building) from 3:00-4:30 pm. The event will be also part of the Beijing+20 campaign and the Women for EXPO initiative.
- Feeding the Planet: Empowering Women. The Italian Perspective, by Hon. Federica Mogherini, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Italy
- Empowering Rural Communities by Effective Access to Markets – The Role of Marketing Boards and Commodity Exchange, by Hon. Hannah Tetteh, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ghana
- Reaching Rural Women: The Key to Food and Nutrition Security, by Ms. Ertharin Cousin, Executive Director – UNWFP
- Closing the Gender Gap: Food Security and Women's Empowerment, by Ms. Irene Khan, Director-General – IDLO
- Promoting Gender Equality in the Context of Food and Nutrition Security, B+20 and Post 2015 Development Framework, by ASG Lakshmi Puri, Deputy Executive Director, UN Women
Please RSVP by Friday September 19th 2014 to the Permanent Mission of Italy at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate whether or not you already have a UN delegate pass. Pass details, for those without a pass, and confirmations will be sent to all those who RSVP.