Promoting Healthy Diets and Physical Activity in Tanzania
IDLO is implementing a project in Tanzania and four other countries that aims to strengthen the country’s capacity to promote healthy diets and increase physical activity for the prevention of non-communicable diseases (NCDs). Program activities focus on capacity building for more effective regulatory and fiscal interventions, supporting the development and use of relevant research, and convening multi-stakeholder dialogues and collaboration between civil society, academics, and government stakeholders.
IDLO is seeking to provide a sub-grant to a non-governmental organization to undertake community education activities and advocacy initiatives to push for national reforms in one or more of the following policy areas, according to the priorities identified by the Tanzanian Ministry of Health:
- Fiscal policies, for example taxes on sweetened beverages to reduce consumption;
- Legal restrictions on the marketing of certain processed food and non-alcoholic beverages to children;
- Legal requirements for improved nutrition labeling on processed food and beverages; and
- Legal requirements for the reformulation of processed food and beverages to reduce, for example salt or trans-fat content.
Eligible activities include:
- General public and community education regarding NCDs;
- Awareness raising of policy and law makers regarding NCDs;
- Activities to build the capacity of civil society organizations to access or develop mechanisms to monitor the adoption and implementation of the proposed policy reforms;
- Facilitating policy dialogues to build national support for the proposed policy areas;
- Support for public participation in national consultations on the proposed policy areas;
- Support for community coordination of relevant advocacy initiatives.
Interested candidates are invited to download the application guidelines and concept note template.
For additional information: email@example.com
Final deadline for the submission of concept notes: 10 November 2019