The sixty-fifth session of the Commission on the Status of Women will take place from 15 to 26 March 2021. In light of the evolving COVID-19 situation, and taking into account the latest guidance from the United Nations Secretary-General and the World Health Organization (WHO), CSW65 will take place in a hybrid format with mostly virtual meetings.
Representatives of Member States, UN entities, and ECOSOC-accredited non-governmental organizations (NGOs) from all regions of the world are invited to attend the session.
- Priority theme: Women's full and effective participation and decision-making in public life, as well as the elimination of violence, for achieving gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls;
- Review theme: Women's empowerment and the link to sustainable development (agreed conclusions of the sixtieth session)
Recognizing the urgent need to champion justice for women, IDLO will participate in CSW65 with a focus on key areas of its gender work as articulated in the Strategic Plan 2021-2024 and its objective to reduce the justice gap for women and girls. IDLO’s participation will call for enhanced commitment of policy makers and sector leaders to:
- increase investment and action on justice for women and girls to enable achievement of SDGs 5 and 16;
- fast track the elimination of discriminatory laws against women and girls;
- accelerate the adoption of effective and survivor-centered measures in the justice sector to prevent and combat gender-based violence especially within the context of the COVID -19 pandemic; and
- strengthen leadership and participation of women justice professionals in delivering justice for all.
Women Delivering Justice