- After having signed in and opened my account in the system I find the following message; "Welcome. To get started click on My E-Learning Course and open your module material,”, but there is no Learning character that I can click on. I would like to know how the system works and where the Learning character can be found.
Please note that there is no Learning character. You have to click on "My E- Learning Course" from the main tool navigation bar at the top of the page. Then the course will open. Click on the course you have chosen then click on the module material you would like to view.
- I have been able to log-in but where do I now click to access the material to commence the course? My attempts have failed.
Once you are in the system please click on "My E- Learning Course" where you can open your module material for the course. *Once you sign into the system you have to click on "My Learning Course" button in the navigation panel. Then open your course.
- I would like to upload my photo but don’t know how to do it. Please advise.
To make this e-learning environment more personal, I would like to invite you all to upload a photograph of yourself. You can do that by clicking on the "My details" button, positioned to the right in your navigation panel. Then press "upload" to insert your photo from your desktop.
- Where can I find more information on how to use the system?
I would like to encourage you to read carefully the tips posted on the e-learning home page. On the right hand side of the homepage you can find "How do I" Please select the action you would like to carry out from the list and click on it. In the middle of the screen you can read the directions on how to carry out the requested action. You can access this page by clicking on the "Home" button, positioned to the left hand side on your navigation panel.
- Can you tell me how the forum works and how can I add a comment in the forum?
All courses in the Learning Management System have a forum where you can post messages about the course and its modules. Unlike the chat room, messages that you post to a forum are always available to all users who are enrolled on the course. Messages in the forum are grouped into topics regarding each module and are placed there by the Course Manager. You can reply to any message by clicking "Reply". The subject is completed for you, but you can change it if necessary. Your message will still be posted as a reply to the original message, even if you change the subject. It can be difficult to find information in forums that have a large number of messages. You can search the forum to find messages that contain key words. Click "Search" to display all the messages in the forum that contain your selected words.
You can create a new topic by clicking "New Topic" on the forum window. Enter a subject for the new topic, and type your message, then click Submit to post it.
- When I am in the chat room I cannot see if anybody else is there to chat with me. How does it work?
You type a message into the field at the bottom of the window and click Send to post it. All users who are currently in the chat room will see your message. As other users post messages to the chat room, they will appear at the bottom of the window.
At the left hand side of the chat room window there is a list of users that are currently in the room. When a user enters the room, their name will appear in the list. If the Course Manager is in the room, their name is highlighted, and all messages that they post to the room are highlighted.
The chat room remembers the last 100 messages that have been posted by users, even if you sign out of the Learning Management System.
- “In my computer the Forum is not active, I have tried to post my comments, but it is not functional, after clicking in Forum it is seen "Not available. How can I post my comments, please advise me? How do I find the ongoing discussions in the forum?”
Click on "Communication tools" from your navigation toolbar. Then have a look in the "Welcome Forum" where you can also find the introductions from the other participants. To stay in a particular forum you should click on it directly and when you want to add a message click on "reply" at the bottom of the message. If you click on "New Thread" it starts a new forum. When you want to get back into the "General Forum" you should click "Forum List". This week of the course is mainly about getting to know everyone and the system better so let me know if you have any difficulties.
- I am not able to access www.idlo.int website since I spoke to you yesterday. I have not been able to see or read the Learning Materials.
Unfortunately, the internet connection in different countries may prove to be a problem occasionally. Try to type in the URL link http://lms.e2train.com/ directly rather than clicking on the IDLO link and then sign in. Also please check that you have disabled "pop-ups" on your computer that may be blocking access.
- The course instructs you to engage in online discussions, but no one is available.
The e-learning sessions are delivered online in a virtual learning environment, and interaction is taking place through asynchronous forums/discussions (this means that each participant is working at a different time and place). To take part in the discussions on the forums please go to:
* "Communication tools" on the top of your navigation toolbar.
* Then press "Forum"
* From here you can see all the Forums.
* Click on "Welcome Forum" and press "reply" at the bottom of a message to reply to that message.
In the "Welcome Forum" you will find the introductions from the other participants.
- I am trying to bookmark a page so I know where I left off from but it’s not working what must I do ?
In regard to bookmarking unfortunately the system will not allow the user to bookmark the position of the page (nor will any website). Therefore, it is not possible to bookmark a page within an e-learning module. However, when you are in the module and you click on the "Home" button (it is the first one) on the top left of your page; a new window will pop-up. This window sets out the Module 1 Table of Contents. From here, you can choose where in the content you would like to go. You need only to select the page you are interested in and click on the "white page symbol" next to it.