RESEARCH and Policy Department
IDLO’s research efforts are aimed at providing rule of law and governance knowledge and learning to the public.
IDLO collects and shares in-house and international research and academic opinion on the rule of law in order to bring about positive legal and governance reforms in developing and transition countries.
IDLO research focuses on:
- Assessment of legal, judicial and regulatory systems
- Empirical, analytical studies on legal and institutional reform
- Legal tools for practitioners in areas related to development
- Current initiatives in legal and institutional reform undertaken through international assistance.
IDLO research findings are published through:
- Books and monographs
- Working papers
- Policy briefs
- Manuals on legal practice
- On line databases of cataloging international legal reform activity
ONGOING RESEARCH PROJECTS
IDLO intends to use the knowledge generated to anchor and advance its strategic objective of using legal empowerment approaches to secure the legal rights of vulnerable populations and those in crisis.See IDLO Legal Empowerment Research Program